MARIUSZ PALEJ is a film director and cinematographer. Born in Kraków, he is a graduate of the Academy of Photography in Warsaw and the National Film School in Łódź. Primarily a documentary cinematographer for many years, he later on began working in feature films and TV theatre. He gained experience as a director working on music videos and TV series. His debut as a feature film director, ”Behind the Blue Door”, a film for children and family audiences, was shown at numerous festivals around the world and sold to several countries . He is currently working on two more films for young audiences - ”The Black Mill”, co-produced by 8Heads Productions, and ”The Chakram of Power”.
Festivals and Awards
”Behind the Blue Door” (selection):
- ALE KINO! International Young Audience Film Festiwal 2016 - Award for the best debut
- W CHMURACH International Film Festival for the youngest 2016 - Award of the Studio Cinema network: For a brilliant debut in the category of children's cinema
- OFF KAMERA 2017- Honorary mention by KIPA. For activities aimed at restoring Polish children's cinema.
- SUSPENSE FILM FESTIVAL KOŁOBRZEG 2017 - Audience Award
- FIFEM 20th Montréal International Children's Film Festival 2017 - main competition
- ZLÍN 57th International Film Festival for Children and Youth 2017 - official selection
- BIKY International Kids and Youth Film Festival Busan Korea 2017 - official selection
- KINO W TRAMPKACH 2017 - official selection
- THESSALONIKI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIWAL 58th 2017 - official selection
- CIFF Canadian International Faith & Family Film Festival 2017 - official selection
- SCHLINGEL The 22nd International Film Festival for Children and Young Audience in Chemnitz 2017 - main competition
- FILEM’ON International Children’s Film Festiwal Brussels 2017 - main competition
- CINEMAGIC International Film Festival for Young People based in Belfast, Northern Ireland - official competition